New Project on Play 2.6. Javascript Assets appear not to be retrieved. Some Javascript code in the form menuitem.js?456666

Marc Lisevich

Jun 25, 2017, 7:17:23 PM6/25/17
to Play Framework

I read about javascript routers, but just want all javascript requests to be loaded using a simple asset tag

It seems as though even  the javascript that doesn't rely on javascript files are being regonzied.
i;e. facebook login, paypal button etc.

What could be the problem?
css files load properly.
html files do too.
and so do images.

Everything works as a static page not on Play.
Any ideas?

Tried routing like this
GET  /scripts/*file      controllers.Assets.versioned(path="/public/javascripts",file: Asset)

But that doesn't seem to be the problem as no javascript is running.

Any help would be appreciated.
BTW there is a check and everything is nojs at the start,
so maybe it is just my old crummy software.