Support JSONAPI standard in Scala Play

Tianhao Li

Feb 10, 2016, 8:19:20 AM2/10/16
to play-framework
Just wondering are there any Scala libraries for Play can support this?

It seems currently there is no Scala library.

Anyone did this before?

Michael Slinn

Feb 10, 2016, 1:44:19 PM2/10/16
to play-framework
In general the Scala community has been reluctant to adopt or foster standards. The most recent public discussion of the reasons that I am aware of occurred during a Scala By the Bay panel discussion last year, with Martin Odersky, Bill Venners and Dick Wall supporting the bias against standards. I do not agree with the assumptions, the reasoning, or the conclusion.

Naftoli Gugenheim

Feb 12, 2016, 4:40:55 PM2/12/16
to play-framework

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016, 1:44 PM Michael Slinn <msl...@gmail.com> wrote:
In general the Scala community has been reluctant to adopt or foster standards.

Any standards at all?

The most recent public discussion of the reasons that I am aware of occurred during a Scala By the Bay panel discussion last year, with Martin Odersky, Bill Venners and Dick Wall supporting the bias against standards.

As a sweeping rule?

Can you provide a link (video URL and time range)?

I do not agree with the assumptions, the reasoning, or the conclusion.

Michael Slinn

Feb 12, 2016, 4:50:31 PM2/12/16
to play-framework

On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 1:40:55 PM UTC-8, nafg wrote:

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016, 1:44 PM Michael Slinn <msl...@gmail.com> wrote:
In general the Scala community has been reluctant to adopt or foster standards.

Any standards at all?

Take a moment and think about the standards that have been adopted, vs the standards that have been proposed. The only significant standards fostering I know of was the reactive stuff, which Jonas whole-heartedly got behind and Play also picked up on.

The most recent public discussion of the reasons that I am aware of occurred during a Scala By the Bay panel discussion last year, with Martin Odersky, Bill Venners and Dick Wall supporting the bias against standards.

As a sweeping rule?

Yes, this was expressed as a philosophical point of view, seemingly shared amongst all panel members.

Can you provide a link (video URL and time range)?
I don't have it handy, but I think the panel discussion was on the last day of the conference. It should be easy to find.