sbt-plugin vs sbt dependency for play-based libraries

Jeff White

Jun 24, 2017, 7:27:21 PM6/24/17
to Play Framework
When building a scala library that depends on play, what's the difference between using the sbt-plugin or a standard sbt dependency? Is one considered more appropriate for this use case? The main difference I can think of is class auto-reloading, which I would not need in a library.

jeff

Jeff White

Jun 24, 2017, 7:30:24 PM6/24/17
to Play Framework
The sbt-plugin seems to be what assumes the `app` source code layout instead of the sbt `src/main/scala`, which is not what I want, but can probably be overridden. So maybe the sbt-plugin is intended for apps only?