[2.3.x]every activators in downloads page of 2.3.x are all the same

Peng Fang

Jun 1, 2015, 11:35:28 PM6/1/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone:

I want to install 2.3.x of play framework, so i went to this page: https://www.playframework.com/download#older-versions

but curiously, all the activator are the same files. Is there something wrong?

And, When I use the downloaded activator which listed above, the error info indicates that my java version is not right: unsupported major.minor version 52.0.There is ony one jdk installed in my env and the verion is 1.7.0_25.

Then i uninstalled the jdk, and install the newest jdk(1.8), and continue to execute activator cmd. then everything goes right. but when I land in the page of "127.0.0.:9000", it shows the play framework version is 2.4.0.

My questions is :
1) I want to install a 2.3.x play framwork, but why all the 2.3.x versions list in the page of https://www.playframework.com/download#older-versions are linked to the same activator.
2) I download the one of the activator from the above link, why it cause jdk version problem.
3) above all, I just want to install a 2.3.x version, why 2.4.0 is installed in the end.

I am a beginner of play framework, this problem confused me very much. Thank you for answering this question.

Peng Fang

Jun 1, 2015, 11:36:36 PM6/1/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

在 2015年6月2日星期二 UTC+8上午11:35:28,Peng Fang写道:
Btw, my OS is windows 8.1.