hikari problem: Registered driver with driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver was not found with last mysql connector, play 2.5.14

Sergey Dashko

Apr 26, 2017, 10:59:21 PM4/26/17
to Play Framework
Hello.
I have this issue with last play and last mysql connector (6.0.6)
Hikari keeps trying to connect to db on start with error
"com.zaxxer.hikari.util.DriverDataSource in main - Registered driver with driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver was not found, trying direct instantiation"
I have the same config like in the docs:
db.default.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
db.default.url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/playdb"
I use scalikejdbc if it's matter.

How to fix this issue?

Regards,
Sergey

Will Sargent

Apr 28, 2017, 2:26:33 PM4/28/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
You don't have com.mysql.jdbc.Driver in your classpath -- check that you've set up the mysql connector correctly.

--
Will Sargent
Engineer, Lightbend, Inc.