Play2 scala 2.6.X with react.

Юрий Рачек

Feb 4, 2018, 5:29:22 PM2/4/18
to Play Framework
Hey guys.
I'm pretty new in play framework and I could miss something so please point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to get 2.6.1 scala play to work with react.I added react support via webjars and I want to have my jsx compiled to js.
On the official site I found only examples for play 2.4.

For example :

http://ticofab.io/react-js-tutorial-with-play_scala_webjars/ - this works well but that feels not quite comfortable to start new project using old frameworks (it uses scala play 2.4.x and scala 2.11 and sbt 0.13.x etc..)
The framework that is used there "addSbtPlugin("com.github.ddispaltro" % "sbt-reactjs" % "0.5.2") for jsx -> js does not support new sbt/scala and looks abandoned.
I tried to update play version there to 2.5.x and got some strange error that stopped me.

Thanks for any advise !

Will Sargent

Feb 6, 2018, 1:59:52 PM2/6/18
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com