[Play-2.5.4][Java] HttpErrorHandlerExceptions$$anon$1: Execution exception[[NullPointerException: null]]

Vishwa Bhat

Jul 21, 2016, 1:23:17 PM7/21/16
to play-framework
Hi,

I recently migrated my Play application from v2.4.3 to v2.5.4. I followed Play-Migration documentation and managed to fix all compile-time and run-time DI issues but I got stuck with an issue HttpErrorHandlerExceptions$$anon$1: Execution exception[[NullPointerException: null]] (Stacktrace Img Attached)

Can anyone please help me with the issue? Let me know If you require any more details.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Vishwa
Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 8.54.21 PM.png

Greg Methvin

Jul 21, 2016, 10:35:41 PM7/21/16
to play-framework
It's hard to tell without seeing more code, but the NPE is happening in filterAction in the DefaultHttpRequestHandler. So my first guess is that one of your filters is returning a null value, or maybe one of the filters you've provided is actually null.

Greg Methvin
Senior Software Engineer

Vishwa Bhat

Jul 22, 2016, 12:00:20 PM7/22/16
to play-framework
Hi Greg,

Thank you!! There was one unused Filter lying around in the code that caused this problem. You saved my day!

Regards,
Vishwa