Play framework not working - missing packages

joao pereira

Sep 21, 2016, 8:25:11 PM9/21/16
to Play Framework

Well, I've been at this for hours now with no success.

I tried installing the Play framework in my PC but when I compile/run any new or sample project (either in the command line or in Lightbend Activator) the errors are always the same:

Filters.java:1: error: package javax.inject does not exist;
Filters.java:2: error: package play does not exist;
Filters.java:3: error: package play.mvc does not exist;

I tried everything that I found online and still haven't solved the problem. What I tried:

-Reinstalled JDK 1.8.0_102 in a folder without empty spaces (such as Program Files) and added the new directory to PATH;

-Installed SBT (even though Activator supposedly already has it) and added to PATH;

-Installed and tested with multiple versions of playframework. 2.5, 2.4 and 2.2.

Other info:

-The java.exe and javac.exe are included in PATH;

-My OP is Windows 10 64-bit.

Can anyone help?

joao pereira