SQL Warning on a redhat 4 oracle10G backend

Philippe Gauthier

Feb 4, 2010, 8:41:46 AM2/4/10
to play-framework
Hello,
I have deployed my first play! app on production (yeay!), but I have a
warning at the initialization of play.
I didn't have that in my "integration" environnement which is the same
except the OS is redhat enterprise 3 in production and 4 in
"integration".
The application seems to be working fine even with this warning (but
in "dev" mode)
Both environnements use an oracle 10g backend, and the hibernate
dialiect is configured accordingly.

Here is the warning :
14:26:36,678 WARN ~ Could not obtain connection metadata
java.sql.SQLException: Unsupported feature
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:269)
at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwUnsupportedFeatureSqlException(DBError.java:
689)
at
oracle.jdbc.OracleDatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys(OracleDatabaseMetaData.java:
4180)
at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyDatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys(NewProxyDatabaseMetaData.java:
3578)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:
123)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:
2119)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:
2115)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:
1339)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
867)
at
org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:
669)
at play.db.jpa.JPAPlugin.onApplicationStart(JPAPlugin.java:157)
at play.Play.start(Play.java:359)
at play.Play.detectChanges(Play.java:451)
at play.Invoker$Invocation.init(Invoker.java:98)
at play.server.HttpHandler$MinaInvocation.init(HttpHandler.java:437)
at play.Invoker$Invocation.run(Invoker.java:174)
at play.server.HttpHandler$MinaInvocation.run(HttpHandler.java:461)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:
417)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor
$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:65)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor
$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:168)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any idea?
Regards,
Philippe

Nicolas

Feb 4, 2010, 8:58:32 AM2/4/10
to play-framework
You should ask your DB administrator what differences there is between
dev and prod concerning the database. Hibernate is trying to query for
an oracle feature (supportsGetGeneratedKey) but does not seem to be
available on production.

You can turned off this feature I believe using the
hibernate.jdbc.use_getGeneratedKeys property to turn if off I believe.

See https://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/api/org/hibernate/cfg/Environment.html

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

Philippe Gauthier

Feb 4, 2010, 12:07:35 PM2/4/10
to play-framework
I'll try to ask my DBAs, but the databases should be a copy of each
other.
I added %Prod.hibernate.jdbc.use_getGeneratedKeys=false in my property
file, it didn't turn off the warning.
Thx though,

On 4 fév, 14:58, Nicolas <leroux.nico...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You should ask your DB administrator what differences there is between
> dev and prod concerning the database. Hibernate is trying to query for
> an oracle feature (supportsGetGeneratedKey) but does not seem to be
> available on production.
>
> You can turned off this feature I believe using the
> hibernate.jdbc.use_getGeneratedKeys property to turn if off I believe.
>

> Seehttps://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/api/org/hibernate/cfg/Environme...

Bassem Khadige

Feb 4, 2010, 1:29:46 PM2/4/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
check you JDBC driver, could be an old one used.

Philippe Gauthier

Feb 4, 2010, 2:01:13 PM2/4/10
to play-framework
I'll check that tomorow, but the same driver (jar file) is used in
both environnement and I think a old driver wouldn't support the 10g
hibernated dialect specified.
On the other hand, there might be some differences between
environnement variables, etc...
Thx!

On 4 fév, 19:29, Bassem Khadige <bkhad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> check you JDBC driver, could be an old one used.

Philippe Gauthier

Feb 5, 2010, 7:10:42 AM2/5/10
to play-framework
Good call bassem!
I had 2 jars in my lib folder ojdbc14.jar and ojdbc14_g.jar for some
reason the classloader must have behave differently between my
environments and load differents one.
Anyway, thx a lot!
Regards