[1.2.4] Module registration request - Faster Groovy Templates

Morten Kjetland

Feb 10, 2012, 7:53:23 AM2/10/12
to play-framework
Module name:
fastergt

Display name:
Faster Groovy Templates

Module for Play Framework 1.x applications that replaces the default
groovy template implementation with GT-Engine which is faster and uses
less memory.

GT-Engine is also used in the Play 2.0 module that enables legacy
support for groovy templates.

Project home page:
https://github.com/mbknor/faster-groovy-templates

OpenID:
https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawlnh2JRuzmu3cOi3jGPEU-Gevjhg3FuST8

ARAKI Hayato

Feb 10, 2012, 11:25:35 AM2/10/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
great work! looks very interesting

I don't know if this is something you are going to support,
but the included CRUD templates don't seem to work in prod mode.
DEV mode works great.
using version 1.2.4, tested with clean setup.

01:17:47,381 INFO ~ Starting D:\workspace\temp\play\faster-template-test
01:17:47,386 INFO ~ Module crud is available (D:\bin\play-1.2.4\modules\crud)
01:17:47,387 INFO ~ Module faster is available
(D:\workspace\temp\play\faster-template-test\my-modules\faster-groovy-templates)
01:17:47,475 INFO ~ Precompiling ...
01:17:49,597 ERROR ~ Cannot start in PROD mode with errors
at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:372)
at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:343)
at play.templates.TemplateLoader.getAllTemplate(TemplateLoader.java:204)
at play.Play.preCompile(Play.java:590)
at play.Play.init(Play.java:299)
at play.server.Server.main(Server.java:158)

Morten Kjetland

Feb 10, 2012, 1:22:30 PM2/10/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for trying it out.
Please file a ticket here:
https://github.com/mbknor/faster-groovy-templates/issues

I'll look into the prod-mode issue asap.

-Morten

Morten Kjetland

Feb 10, 2012, 7:49:34 PM2/10/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
ARAKI: I've now fixed the precompile issue:
https://github.com/mbknor/faster-groovy-templates/issues/8

-Morten

ARAKI Hayato

Feb 11, 2012, 12:23:23 AM2/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, tried it and worked perfectly!

Marc Deschamps

Feb 12, 2012, 12:40:39 PM2/12/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Worked straight out of the box on my existing application :-)

Awesome!

Morten Kjetland

Feb 12, 2012, 5:46:30 PM2/12/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
The module is now available in the modules repository:

http://www.playframework.org/modules/fastergt

-Morten