Annotations

Vidya

Aug 23, 2016, 11:33:48 PM8/23/16
to play-framework
Hi,
        Can we implement custom java annotation processors in subsequent layers after controllers? For example in service layers or dao

Regards,
Vidya

Greg Methvin

Aug 23, 2016, 11:36:51 PM8/23/16
to play-framework
You'd have to implement it yourself; Play doesn't provide anything to help you there. What exactly are you trying to accomplish that you want to use annotations for?

Vidya

Aug 24, 2016, 9:42:25 AM8/24/16
to play-framework
Hi Greg,
               Thanks for the reply. This problem is based on my earlier post. Even after annotating the action method with @transactional(readOnly=true), on my test instance, I do not see the queries routed to read only database instance.
                 Also when if there are 100+reads and one write, annotating @transactional will cause all the reads to hit write node of db. We were considering to implement annotation processing to have the reads make connection readonly.
               I would appreciate if you can recommend any alternate solution or something that Play can help to solve this issue.

Regards,
Vidya