canonical external cookie/session cache

Jeff Dyke

May 25, 2016, 7:08:34 PM5/25/16
to play-framework
having multiple play servers over SSL, i can ensure they are on the same play server via nginx, but i'd like to be able to allow any client to any server if the ssl_cache is not available and they get redirected.

I'd like to use redis over memcached and i'm curious for any pointers in request.session always grabbing data from redis rather than the cookie.  I'm sure i've missed something simple, but i've seen a lot of similar questions asked and wanted to get the best practices.  I realize people will ask why i don't want memcached....thats not really the question. I've seen the Sedis/Jedis modules, but i want to integrate them properly into my play! app.  And that is ultimately my question.

Thanks!

Jeff