test failing in master

Mirco Dotta

Aug 4, 2015, 10:40:59 AM8/4/15
to Play framework dev

[info] AkkaHttpHeadActionSpec
[info]
[info] HEAD requests should
[info]   + return 200 in response to a URL with a GET handler
[info]   + return an empty body
[info]   + match the headers of an equivalent GET
[info]   + return 404 in response to a URL without an associated GET handler
[info]   + clean up any onDoneEnumerating callbacks
[error]   x tag request with GlobalSettings
[error]    Fixed now, you should remove the 'pendingUntilFixed' marker (ServerIntegrationSpecification.scala:31)
[info]
[error]   x tag request with DefaultHttpRequestHandler
[error]    Fixed now, you should remove the 'pendingUntilFixed' marker (ServerIntegrationSpecification.scala:31)
[info]
[info]   + respect deliberately set Content-Length headers
[info]   + omit Content-Length for chunked responses
[info]
[info] Total for specification AkkaHttpHeadActionSpec
[info] Finished in 3 seconds, 98 ms
[info] 9 examples, 2 failures, 0 error
[info]
[info] ScalaCheck
[info] Passed: Total 0, Failed 0, Errors 0, Passed 0
[error] Failed: Total 9, Failed 2, Errors 0, Passed 7
[error] Failed tests:
[error] play.it.action.AkkaHttpHeadActionSpec
[error] (Play-Integration-Test/test:testOnly) sbt.TestsFailedException: Tests unsuccessful
[error] Total time: 7 s, completed Aug 4, 2015 4:39:15 PM

It’s easy to fix, but I wonder why the PR validator is not failing. I’ll issue a PR soon.

----------------
Mirco Dotta - @mircodotta

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!

signature.asc

Martin Grotzke

Aug 4, 2015, 10:55:49 AM8/4/15
to Mirco Dotta, Play framework dev

This test fails because https://github.com/playframework/playframework/pull/4907 was merged first, and the PR validator did not ran again for https://github.com/playframework/playframework/pull/4896

I probably should have made the dependencies more clear...

Will you fix this, or should I submit another PR?

Cheers,
Martin

Mirco Dotta

Aug 4, 2015, 11:08:28 AM8/4/15
to Martin Grotzke, Play framework dev
Hi Martin,

Thanks. Well, I thought the fix was as simple as removing the `pendingUntilFixed` marker, as suggested in the error message. However, now I have another test failing ("close chunked connections when requested” in NettyScalaResultsHandlingSpec)And, unfortunately, this test only fails when running the whole test suite. Would appreciate if you could have a look.

— Mirco
----------------
Mirco Dotta - @mircodotta

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!

signature.asc

Mirco Dotta

Aug 4, 2015, 11:31:07 AM8/4/15
to Martin Grotzke, Play framework dev
Looks like the failure was spurious. I’ve pushed a PR for re-enabling the two tests that were failing the build, see https://github.com/playframework/playframework/pull/4937

----------------
Mirco Dotta - @mircodotta

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!

signature.asc

Martin Grotzke

Aug 4, 2015, 11:37:45 AM8/4/15
to Mirco Dotta, Play framework dev
The suite just finished on my side successfully as well. Thanks for the
PR! :-)

Cheers,
Martin

On 08/04/2015 05:31 PM, Mirco Dotta wrote:
> Looks like the failure was spurious. I’ve pushed a PR for re-enabling
> the two tests that were failing the build,
> see https://github.com/playframework/playframework/pull/4937
> ----------------
> Mirco Dotta -* *@mircodotta <https://twitter.com/mircodotta>
>
> Typesafe <http://typesafe.com/> – Build reactive apps!
>
> On 04 Aug 2015, at 17:08, Mirco Dotta <mirco...@typesafe.com
> <mailto:mirco...@typesafe.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> Thanks. Well, I thought the fix was as simple as removing the
>> `pendingUntilFixed` marker, as suggested in the error message.
>> However, now I have another test failing ("close chunked connections
>> when requested” in NettyScalaResultsHandlingSpec). And, unfortunately,
>> this test only fails when running the whole test suite. Would
>> appreciate if you could have a look.
>>
>> — Mirco
>> ----------------
>> Mirco Dotta -* *@mircodotta <https://twitter.com/mircodotta>
>>
>> Typesafe <http://typesafe.com/> – Build reactive apps!
>>
>> On 04 Aug 2015, at 16:55, Martin Grotzke
>> <martin....@googlemail.com <mailto:martin....@googlemail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This test fails because
>>> https://github.com/playframework/playframework/pull/4907 was merged
>>> first, and the PR validator did not ran again for
>>> https://github.com/playframework/playframework/pull/4896
>>>
>>> I probably should have made the dependencies more clear...
>>>
>>> Will you fix this, or should I submit another PR?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Martin
>>>
>>> Am 04.08.2015 16:40 schrieb "Mirco Dotta" <mirco...@typesafe.com
>>> <mailto:mirco...@typesafe.com>>:
>>> Mirco Dotta -* *@mircodotta <https://twitter.com/mircodotta>
>>>
>>> Typesafe <http://typesafe.com/> – Build reactive apps!
>>>

>>> --

inoio gmbh - http://inoio.de
Schulterblatt 36, 20357 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 123031
Geschäftsführer: Dennis Brakhane, Martin Grotzke, Ole Langbehn

signature.asc