Greg is now Lightbend tech lead of Play

Skip to the first unread message

James Roper

23 Jun 2016, 04:08:0723/06/2016
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

It's with great pleasure that I'd like to announce that Greg Methvin is the new tech lead for Play at Lightbend.

Greg has been actively contributing to Play for over three years, and was brought on as a Lightbend employee earlier this year.

My role on Play over the past 6 months has decreased as I've focused more on Lagom, and I will continue to be working on Lagom for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,

James

--
James Roper
Software Engineer

Lightbend – Build reactive apps!
Twitter: @jroper

Jonas Bonér

23 Jun 2016, 04:22:1423/06/2016
to James Roper, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Greg. Well deserved. Play is in great hands.

Thanks James, for all you have done for Play. Play would certainly not be where it is today without your leadership.

Christopher Hunt

23 Jun 2016, 05:23:2223/06/2016
to James Roper, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Greg! Thanks James!

Viktor Klang

23 Jun 2016, 05:27:0123/06/2016
to James Roper, play-fram...@googlegroups.com

Congrats Greg!
And James!
😊

Ben McCann

23 Jun 2016, 11:00:1523/06/2016
to Viktor Klang, play-fram...@googlegroups.com, James Roper

Congrats!

Will Sargent

23 Jun 2016, 11:41:4723/06/2016
to Ben McCann, Viktor Klang, play-fram...@googlegroups.com, James Roper
Congrats Greg!

Christian Schmitt

23 Jun 2016, 14:58:5623/06/2016
to Play framework dev, b...@benmccann.com, v...@lightbend.com, ja...@lightbend.com
Congrats!
And Thanks James for your great work! Especially dealing with Netty!

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016 17:41:47 UTC+2 schrieb Will Sargent:
Congrats Greg!

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Ben McCann <b...@benmccann.com> wrote:

Congrats!

On Jun 23, 2016 2:27 AM, "Viktor Klang" <v...@lightbend.com> wrote:

Congrats Greg!
And James!
😊

On Jun 23, 2016 10:08, "James Roper" <ja...@lightbend.com> wrote:
Hi all,

It's with great pleasure that I'd like to announce that Greg Methvin is the new tech lead for Play at Lightbend.

Greg has been actively contributing to Play for over three years, and was brought on as a Lightbend employee earlier this year.

My role on Play over the past 6 months has decreased as I've focused more on Lagom, and I will continue to be working on Lagom for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,

James

--
James Roper
Software Engineer

Lightbend – Build reactive apps!
Twitter: @jroper

Matthias Kurz

24 Jun 2016, 06:12:0424/06/2016
to Play framework dev, b...@benmccann.com, v...@lightbend.com, ja...@lightbend.com
Congrats Greg and thanks James!

Greg Methvin

24 Jun 2016, 11:03:4124/06/2016
to Matthias Kurz, Play framework dev, Ben McCann, Viktor Klang, James Roper
Thanks everyone! And thanks to James for his excellent leadership of Play up until now.

I'm excited to move forward on Play 2.6-3.0 and build the Play team at Lightbend.

Greg

Congrats Greg!

Congrats!

Congrats Greg!
And James!
😊

Greg Methvin
Senior Software Engineer

Rich Dougherty

27 Jun 2016, 17:30:4727/06/2016
to Greg Methvin, Matthias Kurz, Play framework dev, Ben McCann, Viktor Klang, James Roper
Congrulations Greg!

--
Rich Dougherty
Engineer, Lightbend, Inc

Manuel Bernhardt

1 Jul 2016, 11:42:1401/07/2016
to Rich Dougherty, Greg Methvin, Matthias Kurz, Play framework dev, Ben McCann, Viktor Klang, James Roper
Congratulations Greg! And thank you James for all the great work on Play!

Manuel