Problem with migration of play-java-ebean-example to 2.6.0

Grzegorz Słowikowski

Jun 23, 2017, 6:45:03 AM6/23/17
to play-framework, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Hi Devs

Can you check
https://github.com/playframework/play-java-ebean-example/pull/45?
It seems that some backward incompatible has been introduced in Twirl
1.3.1 (Play! 2.6.0-RC2 uses Twirl 1.3.0, Play! 2.6.0 uses Twirl 1.3.2).

One template doesn't compile and the question is, can it be fixed or is
it a critical bug in Twirl.

Regards
Grzegorz Slowikowski

Grzegorz Slowikowski

Jun 23, 2017, 7:46:03 AM6/23/17
to Play Framework, play-fram...@googlegroups.com

Marcos Pereira

Jun 23, 2017, 3:16:22 PM6/23/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Grzegorz,

Thank you very much for the report. This was caused by a regression in Twirl and here is the fix:

Good thing is that twirl has its own release cycle and we can release a new version as soon the fix above is integrated.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback.

Best.

Marcos Pereira
Software Engineer, Lightbend.com

Greg Methvin

Jun 25, 2017, 2:08:30 AM6/25/17
to Marcos Pereira, play-framework, Play framework dev
I just released twirl 1.3.3 with the fix, but my recommendation in general would be to avoid using the "@if(foo) bar" and instead use "@if(foo) { bar }". I actually did not realize the "single line" syntax existed in twirl, and I think it's a bit confusing if used on the same line as an HTML tag like that. We decided to update the templates to use braces on the if, so we don't need to override the twirl version.

Greg Methvin
Tech Lead - Play Framework