Volunteer to fix resource leak bug?

Rich Dougherty

Jun 23, 2015, 7:27:10 PM6/23/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Hi

There's an annoying resource leak in Play 2.4 and master. If you use run (and maybe test) within sbt/activator then you'll eventually run out of memory and need to restart. The bug is #4649. I've done some investigation and made a comment listing the leaks that I found.

I think we should get this bug fixed because it's really annoying, but I don't have time to fix it myself. So I'm looking for a volunteer. :)

If you want to help out, leave a comment on the ticket. I can help with tracking down the leaks. I used YourKit and I can get you a license if you need one.

Thanks
Rich

--
Rich Dougherty
Engineer, Typesafe, Inc

Rich Dougherty

Jul 15, 2015, 2:05:28 AM7/15/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to thank @planetenkiller for taking the time to investigate and fix these leaks. A lot of them were very tricky to get right. Much appreciated!

– Rich

benmccann

Aug 6, 2015, 9:37:43 PM8/6/15
to Play framework dev
If anyone sees the Akka guys or has worked on Akka at all, I could use some help in getting this change in, which seems to be the biggest problem with the thread/memory leak

Rich Dougherty

Aug 6, 2015, 9:52:36 PM8/6/15
to benmccann, Play framework dev
Hi Ben, I responded on that ticket.