POST 413 Entity too large.

Leo Zhekov

Aug 27, 2015, 3:07:55 AM8/27/15
to Play framework dev
I am using Java with Play latest version and I have tried numerous ways to increase the lenght of the post request so I can send up to 2GB files, but to no avail. I have tried settings in application.conf, annotations in the request handling controller methods... Nothing seemed to work. I read in the play docs that the default is 10MB but when I try to send 6MB file, it still throws 413 and doesn't transfer the file. I've tried this:
parsers.MultipartFormData.maxLength=10240K
and
parsers.text.maxLenght=128K (straight from the play docs)
with different byte dimentions, with and without letters. Didn't work. Is there anything else that can help me with my issue?

Greg Methvin

Aug 27, 2015, 3:21:47 AM8/27/15
to Leo Zhekov, play-framework
ccing the play-framework list (the play-framework-dev list is for discussing developing the framework itself).

Assuming you're using 2.4.x you should refer to these docs: https://www.playframework.com/documentation/2.4.x/JavaBodyParsers#Max-content-length
play.http.parser.maxMemoryBuffer=128K