Regarding URL ending with /% for Play framework version 2.2.1

minesh chopra

Mar 16, 2015, 2:44:48 AM3/16/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Hello team,

We are using the Play framework version 2.2.1. When we append '/%' to the URL, we get Unexpected Exception - URISyntaxException: Malformed escape pair at index 1: /%
For eg: if our URL is www.test.com it works fine. If we append /% ie www.test.com/%, it gives the above mentioned exception on the page.

We have to display page not found exception or any other error message like page not exists.

Also, we are not getting any error on console/logger.

Kindly do revert asap.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Minesh Chopra

Rich Dougherty

Mar 16, 2015, 3:30:40 PM3/16/15
to minesh chopra, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Hi Minesh

The play-framework-dev list is for discussions about internal development of Play Framework. Can you please ask this question on the play-framework mailing list or maybe raise an issue on Github? There have been several Github issues about invalid URLs. It's difficult to know what to do because the HTTP client is actually sending an invalid request. Also, before raising an issue you should test with the latest in the 2.2.x series (2.2.6) and also with the latest stable release (2.3.8).

Cheers
Rich

Rich Dougherty
Engineer, Typesafe, Inc