New Play core team members

James Roper

Apr 21, 2015, 11:25:22 PM4/21/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just want to let everyone know that we have brought two new community members onto the core Play team as committers this year.  The first is Julien Richard-Foy, we actually brought him on a few months ago but I never got around to sending out an announcement.  The other is Marcos Pereira, who many of you may know by his alias on GitHub, Megazord (he's happy to be known by either name).

Both Marcos and Julien have put a lot of effort into triaging issues, reviewing pull requests, contributing fixes, and have been involved in design discussions and evaluating up coming features.

Another team member that went unannounced was Guillaume Grossetie, who was brought onto the team as a maintainer of the play-mailer late last year.  He's massively improved the plugin, and given it some much needed love that we didn't have time for before.

Also, on the Typesafe side, Mirco Dotta, who has worked extensively on Scala tooling, including Scala IDE and scalariform, has joined the Play team, and is currently focussing on play-slick.

Please join me in welcoming our new committers!

Regards,

James

--
James Roper
Software Engineer

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!
Twitter: @jroper

Rich Dougherty

Apr 21, 2015, 11:27:11 PM4/21/15
to James Roper, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Welcome everyone! It's great to have you on the team. :)

Rich Dougherty
Engineer, Typesafe, Inc

Ben McCann

Apr 21, 2015, 11:36:24 PM4/21/15
to Rich Dougherty, James Roper, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Welcome and congrats everyone! Awesome to see the team growing!

Christopher Hunt

Apr 22, 2015, 12:24:13 AM4/22/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
A very warm welcome to Marcos, Julien, Guillaume and Mirco!

--
Christopher Hunt
ConductR Tech Lead

Twitter: @huntchr

Marcos Silva Pereira

Apr 22, 2015, 1:23:40 AM4/22/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I am honored to be part of this great team.

Marcos Silva Pereira

Apr 22, 2015, 1:39:17 AM4/22/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
A quick question: How are you guys merging pull requests? Directly using Github interface or rebasing?

Best,

James Roper

Apr 22, 2015, 1:53:51 AM4/22/15
to Marcos Silva Pereira, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Usually, directly in GitHub.

Pascal Voitot Dev

Apr 22, 2015, 3:27:06 AM4/22/15
to James Roper, Marcos Silva Pereira, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Welcome guys!
Go on the good work, we use Play a lot ;)

Pascal

naturallog

Apr 22, 2015, 3:46:49 AM4/22/15
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com, ja...@typesafe.com, marcos...@gmail.com
I would like to congratulate Typesafe and the original play-core members. Thanks to them, in the last year, there has been a tremendous upswing in the community participation in the project.

These actions speak much much louder than any official statement !! I am now completely confident about betting on the play-framework for the new product that we are starting

Usually, directly in GitHub.

James Roper
Software Engineer

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!
Twitter: @jroper

Jean Helou

Apr 22, 2015, 3:55:12 AM4/22/15
to naturallog, play-fram...@googlegroups.com, ja...@typesafe.com, marcos...@gmail.com
I for one welcome our new community overlords !

Thanks for all the hard work, the framework is great and continually improving :)

James Roper
Software Engineer

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!
Twitter: @jroper

Mirco Dotta

Apr 23, 2015, 8:01:49 AM4/23/15
to Jean Helou, naturallog, play-fram...@googlegroups.com, ja...@typesafe.com, marcos...@gmail.com
I’m simply delighted to be part of such a fantastic team and community. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Mirco Dotta - @mircodotta

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!