2.6.0 assets migration ... put it into JavaContextComponents ? [JAVA]

Dominik Dorn

Mar 23, 2017, 1:33:46 PM3/23/17
to play-fram...@googlegroups.com
I'm just migrating the assets-code in my current project and
noticed that its quite a pain to get them from their static usage
to the injected one.
I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to either
a) put it into JavaContextComponents as well
or
b) provide a easy way for users to create own things
that then are implicitly available in their templates (this might be
already possible, but I couldn't find information about it)

What do you think?

Cheers,
Dominik

Will Sargent

Mar 23, 2017, 3:43:18 PM3/23/17
to Dominik Dorn, play-fram...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide some example code, showing the before and after and how it's difficult to migrate?

There are injectable templates, and you can do fun stuff by providing implicits into templates using templateImports in build.sbt.  Would something like that be a good way to cross cut imports?

--
Will Sargent
Engineer, Lightbend, Inc.