devise, devise_security_extension and implementing Security Question answer / login help please.

grimmwerks

Oct 19, 2013, 4:39:39 PM10/19/13
to plataforma...@googlegroups.com
I already posted this question on Stackoverflow, have trawled through the wiki pages and still can't find the correct answer; would greatly appreciate just a quick pointer on how to implement a user answering a security question correctly (already have users with saved answers etc) and being able to update their passwords etc:

I have an app that's using devise. I also have the devise_security_extension gem and security questions chosen / saved by the user. I can't find how to implement security questions as the mechanism for a forgotten password however; I see how the email out / return works but just don't get how to put the question/answer in place; any help hugely appreciated.

MUCH appreciated.

Panickos Neophytou

Oct 2, 2015, 5:52:51 PM10/2/15
to Devise
I have the same problem even 2 years later...

Did you manage to solve it?

I always get "Can't mass-assign protected attributes" when I try to populate the table with security questions.

Thanks,
Panickos