#error "SSE instruction set not enabled"

Dominique Belhachemi

Jun 22, 2011, 9:19:01 AM6/22/11
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have some trouble compiling plastimatch on a i386 arch.

cd `mktemp -d`
svn co http://forge.abcd.harvard.edu/svn/plastimatch/plastimatch/trunk
plastimatch
mkdir plastimatch-bin
cd plastimatch-bin
cmake ../plastimatch -DSlicer_DIR:PATH=/3DSlicer/Slicer3/trunk/Slicer3-build/
make

[ 5%] Building CXX object
src/plastimatch/CMakeFiles/gpuit.dir/bspline_warp.cxx.o
In file included from
/tmp/tmp.EV2GF6MFSq/plastimatch/src/plastimatch/bspline_warp.cxx:12:
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.4.5/include/xmmintrin.h:32:3: error:
#error "SSE instruction set not enabled"

To continue I had to change ./plastimatch/src/plastimatch/bspline_warp.cxx
-#include <xmmintrin.h>
+//#include <xmmintrin.h>

Is there a better fix?

Thanks
Dominique

James

Jun 22, 2011, 10:07:39 AM6/22/11
to Plastimatch
Hi Dominique,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have pushed an update to the svn
that may resolve your problem.

Could you please delete your build directory, checkout the latest svn
snapshot, and try again?

--James

On Jun 22, 9:19 am, Dominique Belhachemi <domi...@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some trouble compiling plastimatch on a i386 arch.
>
> cd `mktemp -d`
> svn cohttp://forge.abcd.harvard.edu/svn/plastimatch/plastimatch/trunk

Marta Peroni

Jun 22, 2011, 9:24:45 AM6/22/11
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I googled your problem and I was wondering if perhaps you were on a slackware linux.... http://polywogsys.livejournal.com/2007/04/01/
now, anyway, what I found is that you can compile giving the option -msse
hope this helps!
Marta

Dominique Belhachemi

Jun 22, 2011, 10:59:38 AM6/22/11
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

i tried the new version and it is working now.

Thanks
Dominique

James

Jun 22, 2011, 12:57:19 PM6/22/11
to Plastimatch
Hi Dominique,

I am happy to hear that Plastimatch is now building for you.

--James