[OT] Node Knockout

Scott Elcomb

Nov 2, 2012, 3:54:41 PM11/2/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

A note for anyone who might be interested...

Registration for this years Node Knockout competition ends tomorrow and there are (currently) 13 spots remaining.  I registered a team ("NorthernNode") earlier today because I managed to completely forget about it.  :S

What I'd like to work on is a simple game creation tool.  It's something I've been thinking about for Pine and something that I think others would enjoy.  To that end, I've just open sourced another prototype I've been quietly working on, a self-contained HTML5 visual editor: <https://github.com/psema4/Atomic-VE>.  It needs to be refactored anyway, so I'm planning to give it some #gamedev love.

If anyone in the Pine community would like to join NorthernNode, just let me know (soon!)

Best,
--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more

  Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems
  http://code.google.com/p/atomos/

  Member of the Pirate Party of Canada
  http://www.pirateparty.ca/

Alex Wilson

Nov 2, 2012, 4:06:13 PM11/2/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to; I've been thinking about making a tool for Pine and Node Knockout looks really cool.

Scott Elcomb

Nov 2, 2012, 4:49:09 PM11/2/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Alex Wilson <arex...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd love to; I've been thinking about making a tool for Pine and Node Knockout looks really cool.

Awesome!  Invitation sent =D

I'll hook a mailing list on one of my servers tonight so we can discuss without cluttering up the Pine list.

Best,

Jeremy Kahn

Nov 2, 2012, 11:26:27 PM11/2/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
I'd really like to be involved, but since this is kind of short notice I may have to miss a few hours of our time window (work schedule and some brief scheduled weekend plans).  Would that be a deal breaker?  What would you want me to be focused on for this project?

Jeremy Kahn

Scott Elcomb

Nov 3, 2012, 12:19:29 AM11/3/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Jeremy Kahn <jerem...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd really like to be involved, but since this is kind of short notice I may have to miss a few hours of our time window (work schedule and some brief scheduled weekend plans).  Would that be a deal breaker?  What would you want me to be focused on for this project?

Invites have been sent from the challenge site and mailing list =D

Not a deal-breaker at all - that's one of the items I didn't account for last year when I tried to go it alone. To be sure, I'm going to miss a few hours myself.

But... as a team, I think we can probably kick some bits.  And a win might gain Pine some attention to boot.

As far as organizing, I'll post a description on the other ml soon.

Jeremy Kahn

Nov 3, 2012, 1:17:34 AM11/3/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, I'm really excited about this!  I competed last year.  We didn't win but it was a lot of fun, and it was pretty exhilarating to crank out code for a couple days. :)