Rapsberry Pi userland open sourced

Jeremy Kahn

Oct 24, 2012, 10:41:09 AM10/24/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/raspberrypi/userland

Not sure how we can directly use this, but it looks like this opens the door to better GPU utilization.

Scott Elcomb

Oct 24, 2012, 2:48:12 PM10/24/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we can use it directly but we may be able to leverage
other's works based on it in the coming months.

I forwarded it this to 9fans (some folks are working on a port of
Plan9 to the Pi) and indirectly got a response from a core openbsd
dev: in reality this is just a shim. I started looking through the
comments and see some corroborating evidence like
<http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2221#comment-35048>.

I believe it's still a good step forward though.

--
Scott Elcomb
@psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more

Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems
http://code.google.com/p/atomos/

Member of the Pirate Party of Canada
http://www.pirateparty.ca/

Jeremy Kahn

Oct 24, 2012, 11:29:15 PM10/24/12
to pine-d...@googlegroups.com
Programmers are so nice. :)

Yeah, I didn't think we could use this directly, unless one of us is suddenly motivated to become the next Hexxeh.  I'm still learning C and I'm not quite there yet. :)

Jeremy Kahn