28 Female headers

Michael Horne

Nov 12, 2012, 1:47:39 AM11/12/12
to pic...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Tweeted this before I saw there was a group. Doh!
I'm in the UK and have ordered 3 of the Crusts from OSH Park. Eventually, I'm sure they'll arrive... Sounds like some manufacturing delays. No worries, though.

When I'm looking to buy the female headers, can I just buy headers that are longer than I need and then cut them with a Dremel to size? I'm finding it difficult to find the individual sizes.
Ideally, I'd like to think there were 'snappable' headers so you can just break them off. There are male headers that let you do that, but I've yet to find females.

Alternatively, if anyone knows any UK-based suppliers of the individual sizes, I'm all ears.
--
Mike

Joe Walnes

Nov 12, 2012, 10:20:54 AM11/12/12
to Michael Horne, pic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

Yes, you can buy longer strips of female headers and cut them using wire cutters. Note that each cut will lose one pin, so you need a little more. This is the cheapest way of doing it, though the resulting cuts can look a little messy.

Or, if you want them pre-cut, I've been told that this is a good source:

-Joe