1.0.0 released!

1 view

Florian

Dec 15, 2010, 5:26:57 PM12/15/10
to Picky-Ruby
Hi dear Picky users

Version 1.0.0 has been released – finally! I'm pretty proud of
myself :)

In fact, we're already at 1.1.7, working towards 1.2.0.

What happened since 0.11.1:
- Huge internal rewrite, the structure has been simplified, lots of
code removed. Probably not too interesting for you, but for me, it's
big.
- Some API changes, using feedback by you, trusty users. See the API
under: http://floere.github.com/picky/documentation.html
- Documentation, and lots of it. See the Wiki and the above mentioned
Docs.
- Website restructuring, notably the addition of Picky's
http://floere.github.com/picky/enterprise.html enterprise-readyness.
Somehow, a pink octopus, even if named "Octor the Destroyer" did not
inspire too much trust. This page intends to change that.
- Getting Started Video: http://floere.github.com/picky/getting_started.html
aka Too tired to enter a few commands? Watch this!
- Character Substituters now transform Characters like ä into ae, or ñ
into n. (to clean input from users, or in the indexer)
- Much faster CSV data source.
- Project generators have been extracted from the server and the
client into gem picky-generators. Now the client and server gem are
slim and slender as they are supposed to be. Use picky generate <what>
<dir_name> to generate a new server or client. Call picky generate
without options for argument options.
- New project generator: empty_unicorn_server.
- First vestiges of a ranges search (experimental preview), can be
used for area searches. The precursor of the aforementioned geo
search.
- Minimized Picky javascript, to keep your project lean and mean, as
we like it.
- Lots of changes too small to mention here.

Lots of these improvements could not have been done without YOUR help,
dear user! (Thanks noted – as usual – in commits and on the
contributions (https://github.com/floere/picky/wiki/Contributions-and-
contributors) page)

… aaand that's it. Thanks for reading and have – as always – fun with
me!
Picky
*adjusts cuffs, puffs on a cigar and gives us all its best
enterprisey looks*