Pickles on MacOs or Linux

Antonio Terreno

Dec 4, 2014, 12:15:13 PM12/4/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

is Pickles supposed to work on mac or linux?

With work I mean to a degree:

- compile
- just run via mono

I'd like to know if it is possible, if it's not mission impossible I can try to help and get maybe a vagrant file on the pickles repo so that anybody can come and start coding it.

Does it make sense?

I'd really like to export my features in Excel and this seems the only way (please advice if you know any other tool that runs natively on *nix machines)

thanks.

Jeffrey Cameron

Dec 4, 2014, 7:57:55 PM12/4/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
I had some success running pickles on mono a year or so ago.  I had to grab the latest source as Pickles uses NuGet and it was not well supported by the mono that came with Ubuntu 12.10 (or whatever I was using at the time).

Good luck!

Dirk Rombauts

Dec 5, 2014, 2:47:23 AM12/5/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
As Jeffrey said, it should be possible to take the source code and compile it on mono. That being said, it's sort of uncharted territory, so please let us know how/if it works :-)

There is another Living Documentation generator: http://www.relishapp.com/ - it's ruby-based, so it should be easy to get use it on *nix. However, they require you to host your living documentation on their servers - that's a no-go for many of my customers.

Dirk