Pickles 0.9 Released (including a breaking change!)

Dirk Rombauts

Jul 23, 2013, 6:58:52 AM7/23/13
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

It's been long overdue but we finally released version 0.9 of Pickles.  I think the new features were worth the wait, though :-)

  • We have a new output format:Dynamic HTML, a single html file with dynamic searching capabilities
  • We have a new supported test format: Cucumber JSON

We made several stability and architectural improvements, most importantly (in my opinion at least) we abstracted the file system away by using the System.IO.Abstractions library.

Thanks to everybody who contributed!

What's this breaking change? In the past, Pickles would generate its output in the %TEMP% folder if you did not specify an output folder.  I considered this behavior too non-discoverable, so from version 0.9 on, Pickles will generate its output in the current directory.

I promise the next release won't be so long in coming!

Jeffrey Cameron

Jul 23, 2013, 4:57:16 PM7/23/13
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Great job Dirk!

Robert Stagner

Jul 24, 2013, 2:12:21 AM7/24/13
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Where can I download a copy?

Dirk Rombauts

Jul 24, 2013, 9:39:10 AM7/24/13
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Where to download? Depends on what you want.  The compiled Zip-file is on www.picklesdoc.com, the source is on GitHub, and there's a NuGet package as well for Visual Studio integration.

Robert Stagner

Jul 24, 2013, 1:05:19 PM7/24/13
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that about covers it :-)

Dirk Rombauts

Jul 25, 2013, 5:36:20 AM7/25/13
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Due to an oversight in the deployment process, I deployed only one out of three packages to nuget.org. In order to avoid any package reference problems, I deployed a new version 0.9.1.0 of all three packages to nuget.org. The functionality is the same as for the single 0.9.0.0 package that was uploaded :-)