Where do we go from here?

Dirk Rombauts

Dec 15, 2014, 1:32:54 AM12/15/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Now that Pickles reached version 1.0.0, people might wonder what will happen next.

So where do we go from here?

I want to let the source code of pickles stand as it is for a while, and instead concentrate on getting the surroundings up to my satisfaction. That includes the documentation (I’m making eyes at readthedocs.org, using MkDocs), the deployment process (we’ve come a long way here, but there’s still some last miles to be walked until we reach the magical “push to the release branch and everything will be published automagically”), and the testing (notably, tests of the GUI are missing).

After that I’ll want to incorporate the gherkin 3 parser (if Aslak and Gaspar ever get around to finishing it), refactor the internals so that it will be easier to add test formats and output formats, make the html look better, and maybe I’ll manage to add PDF.

As always, I welcome suggestions and contributions!

Cheers,
Dirk