Unread state when using two computers

Pito Salas

Jan 31, 2013, 7:33:10 PM1/31/13
to Molly Johnson, piazz...@googlegroups.com, Piazza Team
Hi Molly

(I think I have two outstanding questions awaiting in email)

It looks like when I use piazza from two different computers the unread state is different, as if it is stored on the client and not on the server. If this is true it is a Big Problem. Everyone uses more than one computer today and I rely totally on unread to keep up with my reading.

Can you please clarify for me? Thanks,

Pito

ibm

Mar 15, 2013, 7:44:40 AM3/15/13
to piazz...@googlegroups.com, Molly Johnson, Piazza Team
I have a similar problem, related to a bigger problem with reloading and updating of information. When I switch from one computer to another (home/work) I absolutely need to log off and login again or the page never gets updated. Moreover, I often need to log out also after posting a new question/note for the changes to become visible. Sometimes I only need to do "reload" a few times but often I actually need to exit piazza. Of course I don´t even understand why hitting "reload" just once is not enough.
If have told Scott about this but he is having trouble replicating the problem. Am I the only one to have encountered it ?

Pito Salas

Mar 15, 2013, 9:30:52 AM3/15/13
to piazz...@googlegroups.com
In my case the problem was my mistake. I had created a second account as a student so I could see the student's experience and how it differed from the teacher. The unread difference was because I didn't realize what user I was logged in as.

Check out http://www.salas.com and http://www.blogbridge.com/look