How can a student do a "thumbs up" on a post?

Pito Salas

Jan 26, 2013, 9:47:16 AM1/26/13
to Molly Johnson, team@piazza.com Team, piazz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Molly

I have students posting proposed project descriptions as notes. I would like all students to be able to indicate that they think a particular project proposal is good. What tools are there in piazza today for that? Is there something with a tag or a folder or some other trick? For them all to post a response is possible but I think a single click will produce better feedback.

Thanks

Pito

Pito Salas

Jan 26, 2013, 2:51:48 PM1/26/13
to Molly Johnson, Piazza Team, piazz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Molly

So "thanks" is recorded "per user"? What exactly are all the properties (like thanks and favorite) that are per-user?

By the way I would be surprised if you guys have not already considered a 'thumbs up' feature as every other social network has that...

Can you give me visibility to your release plans for the coming months?

-- Pito
On Jan 26, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Molly Johnson <mo...@piazza.com> wrote:

> Hi Pito,
>
> Thank you for providing us with this use-case. We do not currently have a
> feature that will make this simple to do, but I'll let the team know about
> this request! I can see other professors finding it useful as well.
>
> One thing you could consider in the meantime- all students can say
> "thanks!" to an answer to a question (screen shot attached). If you have
> them post their proposals as answers, then they can all give single click
> feedback in this form. You could put all of these 'question/answer'
> proposals into one folder to make them easily accessible. Do you think
> this work-around could work at all?
>
> Best,
> Molly
> <default[4].png>

Pito Salas

Jan 28, 2013, 6:10:17 PM1/28/13
to Molly Johnson, Piazza Team, piazz...@googlegroups.com
Hi again

Did you see this message? Was the question not clear? If so I can explain it better. Thanks,

Pito