2600 ACCUSED OF USING UNAUTHORIZED INK SPLOTCHES

Chris Kankiewicz

Sep 10, 2015, 1:58:08 AM9/10/15
to phx...@googlegroups.com
--
Chris Kankiewicz | Web & Application Developer
https://www.ChrisKankiewicz.com

Garrett Fogerlie

Sep 10, 2015, 2:00:20 AM9/10/15
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Lol, this is worse than patent trolls.

Brad O'Hearne

Sep 10, 2015, 10:12:59 AM9/10/15
to phx...@googlegroups.com

“We cannot tolerate artists being threatened for creating derivative or transformative works.”

It’s a shame 2600’s fervor extended only as far as their own artist, not to the original artist.

Apparently this demonstrates that as irrelevant as “ink splotches” might seem to be, the original artist created a piece of art which now two different organizations and their constituent artists determined that for their purposes of international circulation of their images, it was better to use someone else’s work than create ink splotches themselves – and neither one sought permission from the original artist.

I forget, who had the high road here?

Brad

(Note to self, apparently there is a market need for ink splotch artwork).

Will Bradley

Sep 10, 2015, 12:40:30 PM9/10/15
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Shelve the pitchforks, the original artist gave permission to use the ink splotches "free for non-commercial/commercial use... Crediting is not required, but would be nice"

Point: 2600

Bradley O'Hearne

Sep 10, 2015, 4:39:46 PM9/10/15
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Will, I hadn’t seen that. Just curious, did 2600 credit the original artist in the issue?