October 2014 Meeting (HSL Again?)

Chris Kankiewicz

Sep 29, 2014, 12:14:54 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Just reminding everyone that the October 2014 meeting is this Friday!  But more importantly, I wanted to ask if we should keep meeting at Heat Sync Labs?

Last month's meeting was pretty good.  Having a projector, decent WiFi and some table space is really nice.  What's everyone's thoughts on continuing to meet there?

--
Chris Kankiewicz
Web Application Developer

Eric (XlogicX) Davisson

Sep 29, 2014, 1:03:14 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com

It's on my top 3 of favorite meeting spots, next to Unlimited and Counter Culture. The projecter, accoustics, and very public format are the selling points to me.

Charles Bock

Sep 29, 2014, 1:06:28 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
My main concern is that we might be taking advantage of HSL without giving much back in the form of united states fiat currency.

What do the proprietors of HSL think of us continuing to meet there?

Gavin the Klondike

Sep 29, 2014, 1:13:16 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Oh crap, this Friday? I don't think I can make it, but you guys have fun.

Will Bradley

Sep 29, 2014, 1:25:30 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com

HSL does not accept fiat currency in exchange for meeting space ;) preferred forms of hackerspace currency include: (a) doing cool things (b) educating people (c) helping out, especially with your time/energy.

Cheers!

Charles Bock

Sep 29, 2014, 1:26:42 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Well we are flush with those other forms of currency so I don't see any issue then :)

Charles Bock

Sep 29, 2014, 2:03:04 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Also doge coin if you accept that.

Eric (XlogicX) Davisson

Sep 29, 2014, 3:28:36 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com

I too was concerned with that, especially the overlap with the 'young makers' event. Although, I talked with Nate P., one of the adults sponsoring it that night, and he said it wasn't a disruption. As far as fiat, a couple of us are already regular monthly donaters to the space, if that is too much committment, they have donating containers for those one-offs. I don't think there is strong obligation, but if you feel the need to contribute cuurency, the channels for that are established.

Will Bradley

Sep 29, 2014, 4:04:58 PM9/29/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, being considerate community members with regard to other scheduled events, helping clean up afterwards, being involved in the upkeep/running of the space... matter 100x more than a few bucks. Thanks!

Ken Price

Sep 30, 2014, 7:32:48 PM9/30/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
So it's at HSL for certain? Front page still says Cartel.

Jeff Lockerman

Sep 30, 2014, 7:36:30 PM9/30/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Fill their fridge, make them happy.

Tan Kilo

Oct 1, 2014, 2:09:18 AM10/1/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
I call Hansen Energy Drinks

Chris Kankiewicz

Oct 1, 2014, 11:38:15 AM10/1/14
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, meeting is at HSL.  And I agree, if people want to bring some soda (6 or 12 packs?) to fill their fridge that would be great.

--
Chris Kankiewicz
Web Application Developer
http://www.ChrisKankiewicz.com