nginx and passenger require public prefix for assets

Don Hill

Aug 5, 2017, 5:15:03 PM8/5/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hi,

I have a rack app configured with nginx and passenger (5.1.2).
Th issue I am facing is I need to prefix assets with /public/.
I have tried several approaches but it seems the request don't hit my location setting and they are ignored.
I have the passenger_app_root set to /home/user/app and
root  /home/user/app/public.

Any thoughts for example /js/jquery.js is  404 but /public/js/jquery.js works?

Thanks.

Camden Narzt

Aug 8, 2017, 9:30:17 AM8/8/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
What did you set the root and passenger_document_root nginx config options to if anything?

Also are your static assets in multiple directories or so they all share a common parent dir that isn't the app dir?