Ubuntu Xenial (16.04 LTS) package repository is empty

Léon Hagenaars-Keus

Apr 25, 2016, 8:00:14 AM4/25/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Upgrading my home server to Ubuntu 16.04 I found that my nginx would no longer start, as nginx was updated to the (newer) Ubuntu maintained version.
I assumed this wasn't a problem as the phusionpassenger repo has release information for xenial (https://oss-binaries.phusionpassenger.com/apt/passenger/dists/xenial/Release).
I am now wondering what the ETA is for a release into this repository.

Kind regards,
Léon

Daniel Knoppel

Apr 25, 2016, 9:45:40 AM4/25/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
That is correct, the build for 16.04 is still on our TODO list. The current aim is to get it out in June at the latest.

In the meantime, Passenger can be installed on 16.04 as a gem or from source.

- Daniel

Maximilian Schulz

Apr 28, 2016, 4:54:28 PM4/28/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Too bad. So if I do not want to customize all my management scripts, I need to downgrade to Ubuntu 14.04?
Or does anyone knows about an alternative Repo?