Is passenger running?

danthe...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2015, 4:43:22 PM8/18/15
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hi, forgive me if I have sinned by asking a noob question but I am totally lost on troubleshooting this passenger plugin thing for apache.

I have a rails website that runs fine if I run "script/server -e production" and I can view it on port 30000 or whatever.  I've installed passenger phusion ver 5.0.15 and configured apache but when I pull up the site, all I see is the contents of the "public" directory of the rails site.

I'm not even sure what to check next.  If I run "passenger-status", I see:

Version : 5.0.15
Date    : 2015-08-18 16:27:09 -0400
Instance: LiUjgvUS (Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Phusion_Passenger/5.0.15)

Aug 19, 2015, 6:03:01 AM8/19/15
to phusion-passenger
Passenger is running, but it isn't running any apps. If accessing the
app pulls up a directory structure, then you have probably configured
Passenger in the wrong manner. How does your Apache config file look
like?
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/phusion-passenger/cb00cdbe-73c8-4993-b122-02e68af3b8e1%40googlegroups.com.

Phusion B.V. | Web Application deployment, scaling, and monitoring solutions

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 63501007 (The Netherlands)

danthe...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2015, 8:51:46 AM8/19/15
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com, hon...@phusion.nl
Here's the default site config under /etc/apache2/sites-enabled:

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName web2
   DocumentRoot /var/www/web2/public

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.test.local
   DocumentRoot /var/www/web2/public
   <Directory /var/www/web2/public>
      AllowOverride all
      Options -MultiViews
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<Directory /var/www/web2/public>
   AllowOverride all
   Options -MultiViews
</Directory>

And this is passenger.conf which is under /etc/apache2/mods-enabled:

   <IfModule mod_passenger.c>
     RailsEnv production
     PassengerRoot /opt/rbenv/versions/2.2.2/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/passenger-5.0.15
     PassengerDefaultRuby /opt/rbenv/versions/2.2.2/bin/ruby
   </IfModule>