What files are required for Passenger to run?

Sjir Bagmeijer

Oct 9, 2016, 10:54:31 AM10/9/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
If I want to create a set of rpms with passenger build into nginx as a module what files from the passenger tar file do I need to copy with the rpm to the server?

I compile nginx like this:
--add-dynamic-module=passenger-release-%{module_passenger_version}/src/nginx_module \

And the result it I get a rpm "nginx-module-passenger-5.0.30-1.el7.ngx.x86_64.rpm".

However this only contains currently the ".so" module file for nginx, and the tar file includes much more including a bin dir for example.

Tar file contents:
bin
build
buildout
CHANGELOG
configure
CONTRIBUTING.md
CONTRIBUTORS
dev
doc
Gemfile
Gemfile.lock
INSTALL.md
LICENSE
man
npm-shrinkwrap.json
package.json
packaging
passenger.gemspec
Passenger.sublime-project
Passenger.xcodeproj
Rakefile
README.md
resources
src
test
Vagrantfile

Could someone tell me what from the above is required to get a passenger nginx module rpm?

Hongli Lai

Oct 9, 2016, 4:14:42 PM10/9/16
to phusion-passenger
You should take a look at our RPM specs:

They describe everything that's needed to create an RPM.