Running Ruby on Rails with Passenger on Ubuntu

Paul Rosemberg

May 8, 2015, 4:44:35 PM5/8/15
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
I am new to RoR and I am trying to write my first app.

I've installed on a Ubuntu 14.0.4 VPS:

Ruby 2.2.2.p95
Rails 4.2.1
Nginx and Passenger
I followed the steps from an article I found on Digital Ocean

(Apache was installed but I disabled it and on my server block in the config file nginx is the one pointing to port 80)

I create a sample HelloWorld rails app but what shows up when I type the domain name is "connection refused" the web page is not available

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Hongli Lai

May 8, 2015, 5:25:32 PM5/8/15
to phusion-passenger
Which exact article do you mean? There are quite a lot of outdated and
broken articles on the Internet. The only documentation we officially
endorse (and which we constantly update) is our own.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/phusion-passenger/6e4b87b9-11d1-4586-8523-dceb57f1140f%40googlegroups.com.

Phusion | Web Application deployment, scaling, and monitoring solutions

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)

Paul Rosemberg

May 8, 2015, 5:49:31 PM5/8/15
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com

Hongli Lai

May 11, 2015, 4:53:20 AM5/11/15
to phusion-passenger
Is Nginx running? What does 'sudo service nginx status' say?
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/phusion-passenger/51545c75-32c8-4878-813d-e38b7844202a%40googlegroups.com.

Birimblongas

May 25, 2015, 7:13:34 PM5/25/15
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem. My nginx is working fine, but my app is not started and I get the connection refused error.
Have you found a solution?