apache 2.4 Install problem

Greg Borbonus

Nov 29, 2016, 6:27:25 PM11/29/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hey guys,

Not sure what's going on here, but when I try to install mod_passenger, I'm getting crapped on, and not sure what's going on.

Here is some of the output:

Checking whether there are multiple Apache installations...
Only a single installation detected. This is good.

Compiling and installing Apache 2 module...
cd /usr/local/share/gems/gems/passenger-5.0.30
# env NOEXEC_DISABLE=1 /usr/bin/ruby /usr/bin/rake RELEASE=yes apache2:clean apache2
rm -rf buildout/cache
rm -rf buildout/common/libboost_oxt.a buildout/common/libboost_oxt
rm -f buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Logging.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Exceptions.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils/SystemTime.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils/StrIntUtils.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils/StrIntUtilsNoStrictAliasing.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils/IOUtils.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils.o
rm -f buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Crypto.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils/CachedFileStat.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils/LargeFiles.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/WatchdogLauncher.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/MemoryKit/mbuf.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/MemoryKit/palloc.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/ServerKit/http_parser.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/ServerKit/Implementation.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/DataStructures/LString.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/Utils/Hasher.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/AppTypes.o
rm -f buildout/common/libpassenger_common/jsoncpp.o
rm -f buildout/common/libpassenger_common/vendor-modified/modp_b64.o buildout/common/libpassenger_common/vendor-modified/modp_b64_strict_aliasing.o
rm -f buildout/common/libpassenger_common/UnionStationFilterSupport.o
rm -rf buildout/common/libpassenger_common
rm -rf buildout/support-binaries/
rm -rf buildout/apache2/module_libboost_oxt.a buildout/apache2/module_libboost_oxt
rm -f buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Logging.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Exceptions.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils/SystemTime.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils/StrIntUtils.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils/StrIntUtilsNoStrictAliasing.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils/IOUtils.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils.o
rm -f buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Crypto.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils/CachedFileStat.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils/LargeFiles.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/WatchdogLauncher.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/MemoryKit/mbuf.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/MemoryKit/palloc.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/ServerKit/http_parser.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/ServerKit/Implementation.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/DataStructures/LString.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Utils/Hasher.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/AppTypes.o
rm -f buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/jsoncpp.o
rm -f buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/vendor-modified/modp_b64.o buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/vendor-modified/modp_b64_strict_aliasing.o
rm -f buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/UnionStationFilterSupport.o
rm -rf buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common
rm -rf buildout/apache2/mod_passenger.o buildout/apache2/Configuration.o buildout/apache2/Bucket.o buildout/apache2/Hooks.o buildout/apache2/mod_passenger.so
rake aborted!
LoadError: cannot load such file -- build/support/vendor/cxxcodebuilder/lib/cxxcodebuilder
/usr/local/share/gems/gems/passenger-5.0.30/build/support/general.rb:54:in `initialize'
/usr/local/share/gems/gems/passenger-5.0.30/build/common_library.rb:249:in `new'
/usr/local/share/gems/gems/passenger-5.0.30/build/common_library.rb:249:in `block in <top (required)>'
Tasks: TOP => apache2 => buildout/apache2/mod_passenger.so => buildout/apache2/module_libpassenger_common/Logging.o => src/cxx_supportlib/Constants.h

Anyone got any ideas?

I'd really hate to strace this and have to debug for hours, hoping someone might know what's going on.

Thanks.

Daniel Knoppel

Nov 30, 2016, 10:38:37 AM11/30/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
> LoadError: cannot load such file -- build/support/vendor/cxxcodebuilder/lib/cxxcodebuilder

cxxcodebuilder is a submodule, so my guess is that you're installing from source and forgot to check out the submodules.

- Daniel

Greg Borbonus

Nov 30, 2016, 2:36:29 PM11/30/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I ran: gem install passenger

Then, passenger-install-apache2-module

Daniel Knoppel

Dec 1, 2016, 9:30:02 AM12/1/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Strange, I have no issue doing that on a fresh Ubuntu system.

What does `ls -l /usr/local/share/gems/gems/passenger-5.0.30/src/` look like? If it doesn't have the cxx_supportlib folder then you can try to remove the gem and reinstall it.

Either way you should provide more details about your system and what exactly you intend the setup to look like to avoid us having to try and guess.

- Daniel

Greg Borbonus

Dec 1, 2016, 2:34:19 PM12/1/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I'm not quite sure what info you need, but It's a Centos machine with cPanel.

I installed ruby, then installed the gem passenger.

Just uninstalled passenger, reinstalled it, and have gotten past this error, will update if anything changes, but I've tried it a couple of times, so in shock this is working so far.