Cannot download passenger-standalone binares for 5.0.28

Tyler Kling

Jul 16, 2016, 10:00:11 AM7/16/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hey there,

Looks like the binary files for 5.0.28 have been removed/locked down? Here's the output I get from `bundle exec passenger start`:

bundle exec passenger start
 --> Downloading a Phusion Passenger agent binary for your platform
     Could not download https://oss-binaries.phusionpassenger.com/binaries/passenger/by_release/5.0.28/agent-x86_64-linux.tar.gz: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
     Trying next mirror...
     Could not download https://s3.amazonaws.com/phusion-passenger/binaries/passenger/by_release/5.0.28/agent-x86_64-linux.tar.gz: The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden

Was this intentional and I should move to 5.0.29, or will these binaries be available at some point again?

Tyler Kling

Jul 16, 2016, 10:52:35 AM7/16/16
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Same for the Nginx engine:

 --> Installing Nginx 1.10.0 engine
     Could not download https://oss-binaries.phusionpassenger.com/binaries/passenger/by_release/5.0.28/nginx-1.10.0-x86_64-linux.tar.gz: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
     Trying next mirror...
     Could not download https://s3.amazonaws.com/phusion-passenger/binaries/passenger/by_release/5.0.28/nginx-1.10.0-x86_64-linux.tar.gz: The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden
     Sorry, no precompiled Nginx 1.10.0 engine is available for your platform.

Also, I checked and the by_release/5.0.29 and 5.0.27 directories also 404. What's going on here - are prebuilt binaries intentionally no longer being supplied?

Tyler Kling

Jul 16, 2016, 11:10:45 AM7/16/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Alright, looks like these aren't 404ing anymore.

This is worth noting, though: the oss-binaries.phusionpassenger.com domain is using an SSL cert with SHA-1, which is considered insecure these days. Attached is a screenshot of Chrome complaining about it.
Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.08.39 AM.png

Hongli Lai

Jul 16, 2016, 3:51:55 PM7/16/16
to phusion-passenger
There was a problem with the server. We had to restore some files from
backup, which took a while. The restoration process is now complete.

We'll also upgrade the certificate in the near future.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/phusion-passenger/677a8010-cc0b-4cd3-9dcc-0bdab628f83b%40googlegroups.com.

Phusion B.V. | Web Application deployment, scaling, and monitoring solutions

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 63501007 (The Netherlands)

Tyler Kling

Jul 18, 2016, 9:31:07 AM7/18/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, hon...@phusion.nl
Ahh gotcha, thanks for the reply Hongli!

Ivan Fojas

Jul 26, 2016, 5:29:40 AM7/26/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, hon...@phusion.nl, Hamsa R, K Naresh Kumar, T Chandrasekhar Singh, Naveen Mallam
Hi There,

We had the same downloading issue  last week which seemed to have been resolved today. However, we still get the " Sorry, no precompiled Nginx 1.10.0 engine is available for your platform." error message even after the download completes. See screenshot below:

Please help. Thanks!

Daniel Knoppel

Aug 17, 2016, 4:26:21 AM8/17/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, hon...@phusion.nl, Ham...@evolving.com, Naresh...@evolving.com, T.S...@evolving.com, Naveen...@evolving.com
Everything appears to work at this moment.

- Daniel