Configuring Nginx to use a Meteor app

Daniel Rodriguez

Apr 19, 2017, 5:10:00 AM4/19/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I'm following this step of the tutorial: https://www.phusionpassenger.com/library/walkthroughs/deploy/meteor/digital_ocean/nginx/oss/xenial/deploy_app.html

After set up everything, when I do curl to my IP (I'm not using any domain yet) the only thing I get is my Nginx default website, not my app and I think because I don't have this public folder:
    root /var/www/myapp/bundle/public;

Why is not blue? Do I need to create an empty folder? Can I create this on another path like?:
    root /home/myUser/apps/myApp/bundle/public;

Cheers,
Daniel

Camden Narzt

Apr 20, 2017, 9:40:45 AM4/20/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
The root config needs to point to the static assets of your app, if you don't have any then choose an empty dir and be sure to set the passenger_app_root (see: https://www.phusionpassenger.com/library/config/nginx/reference/#passenger_app_root)

carlos...@techex.es

Apr 23, 2017, 3:56:21 AM4/23/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hi Daniel, i did it, i create the public folder and tmp folder and get the application home page instead the Nginx home page