Passenger queue full for rails application hosted on aws (passenger_max_request_queue_size)

Raman M

Aug 26, 2016, 10:26:18 AM8/26/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I have a rails application hosted on aws which has nginx+passenger setup.
Earlier it had no value set for passenger_max_request_queue_size so it was taking default value of 100 which was getting exceeded frequently.

Now I have set this value to 1000 so hopefully it won't refuse new requests as frequently as it is doing now.

But is there a way to check and be alerted  when a certail threshold is reached ?

Daniel Knoppel

Aug 29, 2016, 6:46:58 AM8/29/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
You can use passenger hooks to see overflows: https://www.phusionpassenger.com/library/indepth/hooks.html

In your case that would be the queue_full_error hook.

- Daniel