Environment var PASSENGER_MAX_POOL_SIZE not overwriting Procfile

let...@toptierlabs.com

Mar 30, 2017, 4:34:11 PM3/30/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions

I have this line in my ruby procfile

web: bin/start-pgbouncer-stunnel & ./passenger-status-service-agent & bundle exec passenger start -p $PORT --max-pool-size 25

and the Heroku environment variable PASSENGER_MAX_POOL_SIZE configured in 50. When I use www.status-service.phusionpassenger.com I can see that the max processes is set to 25 and not to 50 like the env var.

How can I extract the number of processes out of the procfile or source code? Thank you!

Daniel Knoppel

Mar 31, 2017, 11:01:43 AM3/31/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I'm not sure I understand the question, why do you specify the same thing (max pool size) twice with different values?

The --max-pool-size option overrides env var options so if you want to use the env var you shouldn't use --max-pool-size.

- Daniel