Rails 3.2.19 with Passenger 4.0.57

Sivakumar G

Apr 9, 2015, 8:54:24 PM4/9/15
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
We have a rail 3.2.19 application running on ruby 1.9.3 and passenger 3.0.19. We upgraded ruby to 2.1.5 and passenger to 4.0.57 and ran into the following issues post deployment.

1) Some of the update queires generated had 0=0 instead of actual query's where clause
2) Some of the select queries the relation name in the where clause was missing.

We failed to notice RailsAppSpawnerIdleTime that we had set to 0 in Passenger 3.0.19. Looks like it has now been replaced by PassengerMaxPreloaderIdleTime. So I guess it is now using the default value of 300s(5 min). Could this be causing the issue I described?

Hongli Lai

Apr 16, 2015, 9:16:23 AM4/16/15
to phusion-passenger
I don't think so. Passenger doesn't change database behavior. I can't think of a reason why this issue would be caused by Passenger.

Phusion | Web Application deployment, scaling, and monitoring solutions

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)