passenger-config reopen-logs doesn't work?

Hsu Amos

Dec 1, 2016, 7:37:41 AM12/1/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hi,

Recently I change my logrotate from copytruncate to create, I encounter one problem that it's unable to get Passenger reopen log files.

Here is my configuration Nginx(1.10.1) + Passenger(5.0.30) + Rails(3.2.22).
Here are the steps how I manually reproduce it.
1.switch to the user who runs Passenger AppPreloader
2.mv log/development.log to log/development.log.bak
3.touch log/development.log
4.rvmsudo passenger-config reopen-logs
   Reopening logs for Phusion Passenger watchdog
   Reopening logs for Phusion Passenger core (through reinheritance)
   Reopening logs for Phusion Passenger UstRouter (through reinheritance)
   All done
5.As the result, Rails still keeps logging to the old file log/development.log.back

Is there anything I mis-configure or forget to do?
Any suggestion is high appreciated.
Thank you

Regards,
Amos

Daniel Knoppel

Dec 1, 2016, 9:33:25 AM12/1/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions

Hsu Amos

Dec 1, 2016, 9:54:58 AM12/1/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
[UPDATE]

Thanks for Daniel's information.
Now I understand the difference between Passenger's log and Application's log.

Amos