Can I run an Ember.js application on the same server which has been setup using Passenger + Apache setup?

Chris Arndt

Jun 3, 2016, 11:14:00 AM6/3/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, Christopher Arndt
I've been hosting Rails applications on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS using Phusion Passenger + Apache setup. I wish to host an Ember application on the same server.

Is it possible to host Ember applications on the same server that is using Phusion Passenger + Apache? Is this where I need to setup Passenger Standalone as a reverse proxy?
~Chris

Chris Arndt

Jun 3, 2016, 1:00:23 PM6/3/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, christop...@wisc.edu

Daniel Knoppel

Jun 4, 2016, 5:09:13 AM6/4/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, christop...@wisc.edu
If your question is whether you can host a Ruby app and Node.js app using the same Passenger/Apache, then yes, you can just add the Node.js app to your existing Apache config. No reverse proxy or anything else needed really.

- Daniel

Chris Arndt

Jun 5, 2016, 5:00:15 PM6/5/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, christop...@wisc.edu