mod_passenger install fails on CentOS 7 webserver (Requires: httpd-mmn = 20120211x8664)

Skip to the first unread message

Alexis

10 Jan 2016, 7:08:05 pm10/1/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hello,

I've been following the install instructions at https://www.phusionpassenger.com/library/install/apache/install/oss/el7/ for my new server setup on CentOS 7 and the installation fails with the following message:

Error: Package: mod_passenger-5.0.23-8.el7.x86_64 (passenger)
           Requires: httpd-mmn = 20120211x8664
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Thanks in advance for any help.

Alexis

Daniel Knoppel

10 Jan 2016, 8:35:31 pm10/1/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Did you see the special notes for CentOS with this release?

- Daniel

Lex Hoffman

10 Jan 2016, 8:48:42 pm10/1/16
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

I just read that now and it seems the CentOS 7 notes only applied prior to release of 7.2 which I'm already using.

Kind regards,

Lex

Daniel Knoppel

Lex Hoffman

10 Jan 2016, 9:08:26 pm10/1/16
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Daniel,

I tried with the CR repo enabled just in case but the outcome was the same.  :)

Kind regards,

Lex