Phusion Passenger 5.0.15 released: JRuby 9.0.0.0 support and more

Hongli Lai

Jul 29, 2015, 6:39:47 AM7/29/15
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com, phusion-passeng...@googlegroups.com
Please read the announcement at
https://blog.phusion.nl/2015/07/29/passenger-5-0-15-jruby-9-0-0-0-support-and-more/

--
Phusion B.V. | Web Application deployment, scaling, and monitoring solutions

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 63501007 (The Netherlands)

Dale Ackerman

Aug 15, 2015, 2:13:34 PM8/15/15
to Phusion Passenger Discussions, phusion-passeng...@googlegroups.com, hon...@phusion.nl
Hi;

I am wanting to use passenger for both production and development with JRuby.  I am having a hard time finding resources / doc's regarding setting up a development (standalone) environment.  I have used the passenger GEM with the Sinatra example but can't seem to find what is need to allow for dynamic code changes so I don't have to restart the server.  I also use IntelliJ IDEA and RubyMine.  I have a couple existing projects where I develop using RVM installed JRuby. Puma and that seem to work I can run the application from the IDE no problem.  However I would love to be able to use Passenger for all my JRuby needs.  Can you point me in the right direction.

Best Regards

Hongli Lai

Aug 17, 2015, 6:08:57 AM8/17/15
to Dale Ackerman, phusion-passenger
Regarding dynamic reloading of code changes, take a look at this:
https://www.phusionpassenger.com/library/walkthroughs/basics/ruby/reloading_code.html#tmp-always_restart-txt

I'm afraid I cannot advise you on IntelliJ or RubyMine. I've never used them.