Is there any way to update flying passenger application max instances and min instances via nginx config?

Олег Бобок

Aug 11, 2016, 11:05:59 AM8/11/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
It seems to me that updates in that parameters are not respected until flying passenger restart

    passenger_max_instances 3;
    passenger_min_instances 0;

- from nginx config, in server section. Nginx reloaded.
Then made request to app.

               <min_processes>1</min_processes>
               <max_processes>2</max_processes>
The output from rvmsudo passenger-status --show=xml
Using Flying Passenger 5.0.30.

Олег Бобок

Aug 11, 2016, 11:09:34 AM8/11/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Found that. Seems like config reloading is broken for a year.
https://github.com/phusion/passenger/issues/1554

Daniel Knoppel

Aug 17, 2016, 4:19:21 AM8/17/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Added a priority label to see if we can get some attention on it.

- Daniel