Does passenger support async.callback?

Samuel Williams

May 29, 2017, 6:21:36 PM5/29/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I'd like to implement a top level reactor for per-process request handling.

I don't mind the exact API, just wondering if passenger exposes this.

Thanks.

Camden Narzt

May 30, 2017, 12:54:22 PM5/30/17
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I do not believe that Passenger will provide you what you need, sorry.

Hongli Lai

Jun 6, 2017, 9:38:50 PM6/6/17
to phusion-passenger
As Camden said, Passenger does not. But Passenger does support the Rack socket hijacking API. What other libraries (such as ActionCable) do is implement their own I/O processing system, one that runs on a seperate thread. They then use the Rack socket hijacking API to take control over the I/O channels.

Phusion B.V. | Web Application deployment, scaling, and monitoring solutions

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 63501007 (The Netherlands)

Samuel Williams

Jun 8, 2017, 8:18:37 PM6/8/17
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so if I hijack the io, and start running my own HTTP server on
it to handle incoming requests (e.g. keep-alive), passenger will keep
working correctly?

On 7 June 2017 at 13:38, Hongli Lai <hon...@phusion.nl> wrote:
> As Camden said, Passenger does not. But Passenger does support the Rack
> socket hijacking API. What other libraries (such as ActionCable) do is
> implement their own I/O processing system, one that runs on a seperate
> thread. They then use the Rack socket hijacking API to take control over the
> I/O channels.
>
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:21 AM, Samuel Williams
> <space.ship...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to implement a top level reactor for per-process request
>> handling.
>>
>> More details here: https://github.com/rkh/async-rack
>>
>> I don't mind the exact API, just wondering if passenger exposes this.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/phusion-passenger/4a6fe8a7-581c-425c-b6fc-764a7d09acf6%40googlegroups.com.
>

> --
> Phusion B.V. | Web Application deployment, scaling, and monitoring solutions
>
> Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
> E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
> Chamber of commerce no: 63501007 (The Netherlands)
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/phusion-passenger/CAM3ce8EhqueO3ZheS5KuufZMT2KBB2LXJdO%2BAziEM31bZ38b-Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Hongli Lai

Jun 10, 2017, 2:57:44 PM6/10/17